At Work For You: The Value of Membership!
AGC of East Tennessee stays “in the know” through a comprehensive array of programs and events to meet your networking needs. AGC of East Tennessee is built on strong relationships. To give our members the opportunity to meet one another and learn more about the industry as a whole, your chapter hosts an array of events and programs including:
- Networking Meetings – AGC membership meetings provide all members with valuable opportunities to network and exchange information, attend seminars on timely subjects, and meet with fellow associates.
- Networking Events – AGC provides the opportunity to meet members in a more casual and relaxing environment such as a spring and fall golf tournament, fishing tournament, summer social and much more.
- Annual Convention and Conference – The AGC annual convention and conference provide members an opportunity to network, attend education seminars and relax with members at wonderful resorts. Everyone is encouraged to participate in golf and tennis tournaments, along with the dinners and receptions.
- Committee and Taskforce Involvement – AGC of East Tennessee has standing committees and working taskforces dedicated to enhancing the industry and providing members with leadership and recognition opportunities.
- Sponsorship Opportunities – There are many occasions where members can showcase their firm as a sponsor of an event. The value of having an entire event’s participants learn about your firm is marketing that cannot be paid for in any other manner.
- Construction Leadership Council – AGC of East Tennessee is committed to investing in young industry professionals by offering this program to our members. Program participants are provided the opportunity to develop strong leadership skills and techniques, to learn more about how to get involved in AGC, and to network and share ideas with other young industry professionals. Typical participants of the Construction Leadership Council are employees of AGC of East Tennessee member firms who are young in the construction industry working as project managers, account executives, estimators, office managers, sales representatives or anyone who maintains a professional/managerial role within the member firm.
The Benefits of Membership:
- Safety Training
- Educational and Workforce Development
- Plan Room Services
- Government Relations and Industry Image
- Labor and Human Resources
- Industry Networking and Information
- Support Services
The Objectives of Membership:
- Promote better relations among members
- Encourage cooperation between AGC members and owners/developers, architects and engineers
- Maintain and encourage methods of contracting which will relieve unnecessary and improper risk
- Make membership in the association a reasonable assurance to the public of the skill, integrity and responsibility of its members
The Tenets of Membership:
- Skill – The possession and application of the necessary technical knowledge and practical experience to execute the projects undertaken in a professional, efficient and safe manner.
- Integrity – The character to comply with the spirit and letter of contracts undertaken and to handle each transaction with fairness and honor.
- Responsibility - The possession and application of the necessary finances, cash or credit, together with the needed equipment and organization to fulfill all commitments promptly and completely.