The Value of Workforce
Is your company preparing for the changing workforce?
AGC of East Tennessee members are, through our partnership with East Ridge High School Construction Career Academy, Chattanooga State Community College - Tennessee Building & Construction Institute (TNBCI), Northeast Alabama Community College workforce training department, and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Construction Management Program, are actively pursuing ways to strengthen the industry’s workforce. Whether it is promoting the industry within high schools or training young craft workers in higher educational venues, AGC of East Tennessee is actively involved in attracting and training the workforce for our industry.
AGC of East Tennessee provides dynamic, comprehensive training programs and tools to enhance your daily business operations and improve the skills of your staff. AGC of East Tennessee offers the industry’s best educational programs including management training, supervisory training, estimating and audio conferences on the latest industry issues.
- Project Management Training – Take your project management skills to the highest level with AGC’s Construction Project Mangers Development Program. The course is for seasoned Project Managers looking to advance their leadership abilities, discover new strategies and learn tactics for handling short and long term job responsibilities, network with industry peers and construction professionals.
- Management Training – Basic Common Sense Construction Law and Practical Construction Project Documentation are a few of the popular continuing education courses offered by AGC throughout the year. Course content in management training is focused on project managers and upper-level management.
- Supervisory Training Program – The Supervisory Training Program is a construction specific training curriculum developed, updated and field-tested by and for contractors. The program focuses on the knowledge and skills every supervisor must have to be an effective manager of people, time, equipment and materials.
- Blue Print Reading Course – The Blue Print Reading Course provides a basic understanding of contract documents, specifications, plans, details, sections, symbols and abbreviations.
- Estimating Course – The Estimating Course provides participants the knowledge needed to compile bidding information and documents. A basic understanding of blue print reading is required.