2023-2024 Scholarship Application
Applications due by March 17, 2023 at 4 pm EST
AGC East Tennessee is a trade association that includes 220 construction employers across east Tennessee. The AGC East Tennessee Scholarship provides up to $2,000 in tuition for students enrolled in college or a technical school who are pursuing a career in construction. Eligible students are in a declared major of construction management or a construction-related program. High school students graduating from the Construction Career Center are eligible if continuing on towards certification program or construction-related degree.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must meet each eligibility requirement.
- Attend a technical (vocational), community, or four-year college or university
- If attending a 4- or 5-year program at a college, the student must be an incoming junior or senior enrolled in a construction management, construction science, or other construction-related program with at least 9 hours towards pursuit of the degree per year (or 3 credit hours of construction-related classes per semester)
- If attending a technical or community college, the student must be enrolled in a construction-related field with at least 9 hours towards pursuit of the degree per year (or 3 credit hours of construction related classes per semester)
- Have a 2.5 minimum grade point average to apply
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen*
- Agree to participate in one 8–12 week internship program with an AGC member company the year prior to the final term, with successful completion to be eligible for a subsequent scholarship.
If you meet each of the above requirements, you are eligible to apply for the Scholarship. This is a one academic year (Fall/Spring/Summer) scholarship. Applicant is responsible for ensuring that all the following required documents are submitted in one packet.
Applications must be completed and submitted by March 17 at 4:00PM EST. Late and/or incomplete applications and attachments will not be considered (no exceptions).
Applications can be submitted online (form below), emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
AGC of East Tennessee, Attn: Susan Cowden, 1601 Gulf Street, Suite #300, Chattanooga, TN 37408
- Your Fall 2023 class schedule
- Your most recent official college/university transcript
- A copy of your 2023-2024 financial aid award letter (if applicable)
- Finalists will be interviewed by the AGC Workforce Director and an Education Committee member or designee.
- If the proposed class schedule presented during the interview is modified at the request of the student, the student will be ineligible for scholarship consideration for three (3) consecutive semester
Applications will be reviewed an Allocation Committee comprised of members of AGC East Tennessee. Finalists will be invited for an interview with the Committee. The Committee will base their allocation recommendations on applicants’ degree and coursework, thoroughness of the application, academic standing, responses to the short answer essays, and interview. The Committee will forward their recommendations to the AGC East Tennessee Board of Directors for approval. This is a competitive process.
Membership in your school’s AGC Student Chapter (if available) is encouraged and considered as a part of this process.
All applicants will be notified of scholarship status results via email from AGC of East Tennessee.
The scholarship award will be sent directly to the applicant’s college or university for payment toward tuition and/or books in August and January with an award disbursement (spring disbursements are based on the applicant meeting the requirements of the scholarship-details below).